This evaluation was achieved by IOWater in collaboration with Irstea (the French National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture). It aimed at formulating a justified evaluation of the appropriateness, efficiency, effectiveness, impacts and the sustainability of the project, taking into consideration context, policies and intervention procedures.
The Discharge and Sediment Monitoring Project had following objectives:
- Reinforce the understanding of fluvial geomorphology in the Mekong basin;
- Develop and implement tools and procedures applied to the sustainable planning of hydropower at basin level, and to improve the design and management of individual projects;
- Improve the expertise of the MRC member state agencies concerned by the development of sustainable hydroelectric power.
The evaluation team examined the achievements of the project according to these objectives. In addition, they carried out the examination of the process of execution and operation of the project in its various phases of implementation and monitoring.
- Overall review of related documents
- Interviews and meetings on the field
- Evaluation reporting (provisional and final versions)