TWIST - Transnational Water Innovation Strategy is an Interreg Sudoe project that aims to develop an open model of innovation in the field of wastewater management in line with the Water Framework Directive and promoting a circular economy model.
In the course of the project three Living Labs will be created where experimentation processes and innovative solutions for wastewater management will be developed. A virtual Market Place will be created to disseminate these innovative solutions and integrate them into the market. In order to promote knowledge transfer and change management, a Transnational Business School will be created.
The project has a total budget of 1,598,000.00 euros, 75% co-financed by the ERDF. The project started on 1 April 2018 and will end on 31 March 2021. The consortium, led by CENTA, consists of 11 partners from Portugal, Spain and France.
IOWater is involved in all tasks:
- T1 - analysis and characterization of the innovation processes by the stakeholders at regional level
- T2 - creation of three living laboratories for the management, treatment, recycling and recovery of wastewater by-products. Two pilot tests took place on IOWater's Limousin sites
- T3 - analysis of results obtained in living laboratories and exploitation of market opportunities
- T4 - capacity building for regional development and job creation, for which IOWater is responsible
- T5 - capitalization and transfer of results to other regions