This workshop aims at analyzing the challenges with Persistent and Mobile Organic Chemicals (PMOCs) in water cycles, discussing consequences for drinking water quality and elaborating solutions that technology and regulation may provide.
The workshop addresses the following questions:
• How to identify a PMOC and what is known about the occurrence, sources and fate of PMOCs in the water cycle?
• How may the REACH regulation support the protection of drinking water resources against PMOCs?
• Are drinking water resources (surface water and groundwater) adequately protected?
• Can chemical industry prevent future emissions of PMOCs into the environment?
• Which technologies can act as barriers against PMOCs in the water cycle?
• Do we need water quality standards for PMOCs?