Ambition of the conference
To constitute a meeting point to favor exchanges between the different national and international stakeholders in the fields of water and sustainable development:
- decision-makers, from the international level to local authorities, like Water Agencies, basin authorities and local structures for management and protection of groundwater;
- funding agencies and donors;
- NGOs, civil society, local communities, farmers, water and sanitation companies, industries;
- groundwater resource specialists: scientists, national and local authorities, planning authorities, engineering firms and consultants...
- To examine the overall relationships between water-related SDGs targets, their stakeholders and groundwater
- To share knowledge, experiences, findings and good practices on GWR in sustainable development trajectories
- To elaborate recommendations to ensure the best integration of groundwater resources into the SDGs.