Equitable and Sustainable WASH Services: Celebrating our Learning from failure and success
The WEDC International Conference is a comprehensive and interactive learning event, which historically has provided continued professional development for water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector professionals.
The conference comprises of two days of presentations and discussions of peer reviewed content, and two days of tailored capacity development workshops.
We particularly welcome submissions which will contribute to the following specific thematic discussions:
1. Integrating disaster risk management into WASH interventions;
2. Achieving a smooth transition from emergency to development in provision of WASH services;
3. Climate change, weather extremes (e.g. floods and droughts) and water resources management, including but not limited to topics related to fundamental understanding, remote sensing, modelling 1. and management strategies;
4. Rural water supply – reaching the last mile and achieving sustainability;
5. Utility innovations and evolution; 6. Programme management and institutional change, including financing mechanisms;
7. Gender, equity and the hardest to reach; 8. Sanitation, including household and peri urban approaches and faecal sludge management;
9. Innovations and advances in biowaste, wastewater treatment and waste to energy technologies including anaerobic digestion, composting, thermochemical processing, resource recovery and circular economy concepts; end-use applications;
10. The increasing role of the private sector, small and corporate;
11. Learning and knowledge sharing, including novel approaches to monitoring; and.
12. Urban water management