EWA publie la 3ème édition du Manifeste de l'eau
Ce Manifeste de l'eau veut attirer l'attention sur les questions actuelles importantes pour l'eau en Europe, et proposer leur résolution par des mesures de gestion et d'utilisation durables des ressources en eau.
With the third issue of the EWA Water Manifesto, the European Water Association calls upon the society in general and all rele-vant stakeholders to strive for responsible use and exploitation of water. After being published for the first time in November 2010, the third issue of the EWA Water Manifesto has become an integrated part and a cornerstone of EWA efforts in Brussels.
“There is still a great need for research and innovation in the water sector”, the EWA-General Secretary Johannes Lohaus adds who is thinking about the new challenges associated with the topic of micro pollutants in particular. Therefore the EWA is in frequent contact with the “European Innovation Partnership on Water” which was founded by the DG Environment recently to provide them with suggestions concerning water-related top-ics.
The scope of the EWA Water Manifesto has grown since the publication of the first issue; however, the topics of the third issue are a continuation of the “hot topics” and are as follows:
• Implementation of the EU Water Legislation
• Climate Change and Water
• Demographic Changes and Water Safety
• Water Scarcity and Droughts in Europe
• Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Services
• Changing Cities and Integrated Urban Water
• Flood Resilience - a Major and Growing Challenge
• Water Efficiency and Agriculture
• Water and Biodiversity
• Water and Energy
• Emerging Pollutants
• Water Cost Recovery and Incentive Pricing